FAQ About Black Mold

Posted on

Did you finally get a water leak fixed in your house after waiting for a long time? It is possible that the leak lead to black mold developing in your house, which can be deadly? The smartest thing that you can do is walk around your house and look for signs of mold. You should get black mold removed as soon as you are able to before you start suffering health problems from being exposed to it. This article covers a few of the things that should be known about black mold in a house.

Where Might Mold Develop?

Black mold can actually develop in any area of your house. Basically, mold can survive in an environment that is humid, as it leads to the creation of moisture. Being that you had an unfixed water leak for so long, it is possible that mold spores have begun to grow in the area of your house where the leak was. You should look at drywall, under kitchen sinks, and around plumbing fixtures for signs of black mold. It is possible that you won't see any mold if it is developing on the inside of wall cavities, but you might be able to smell it.

How Can Mold Affect Health?

Black mold can lead to you experiencing an array of health symptoms. For example, many of the symptoms are a lot like a common cold. You might begin sneezing and coughing a lot, which can become worse the longer that you are exposed to black mold. If you have watery eyes all of the time, it is a sign of mold being in your house. Keep in mind that your internal organs can also get damaged from exposure to black mold, which can lead to them shutting down and possible death.

What Are Methods for Preventing Mold?

The best way to prevent black mold is to make sure water leaks are fixed in a timely manner. It is also important to keep humidity levels down in your house. An excessive amount of heat is one thing that causes humidity levels to go up. Try to run your HVAC system on days in which your house is hot inside.

How Can Mold Be Removed?

You must get black mold removed by a professional, as the spores can easily spread if the task is not done correctly. A professional will basically seal off the affected area of your house to keep mold spores contained. An exhaust fan will also be used for routing the spores out through a window.

To learn more about mold removal, visit a website like http://www.colfaxcorp.net


Share